Freaky Flea Facts
• Fleas drink 15 times they weight in blood DAILY.
• Fleas carry diseases like Tularemia, Plague, and Tapeworms which can infect people as well as animals.
• Fleas can jump 150 times their length (equal to a person jumping 1000 feet). An average jump will cover 4 feet.
• Fleas only spend a small portion of their life cycle on the pet, so for every flea you see there are 10 more you haven’t… that means hundreds of fleas in your couch, rugs, floor cracks and carpeting with every infestation.
• The average flea lives 3 months but some can live 100 days with no food!!!
• One female flea can lay 2,000 eggs in just a few weeks (now multiply that by the number 10 from above…) So, you can go from seeing a flea to having a big problem in just a few days!
• One dose of topical will not control an infestation. It takes a minimum of 3 months of treatment to win the war!
• Fleas can be safely and easily managed or prevented using topical medications on your pet. Ask us about what product best fits your pet’s situation.
• Vacuuming destroys 96% of adult fleas and 100% of younger fleas.
• Borax powder can be sprinkled on your furniture, carpets and flooring. It is non-toxic to you and your pets so it is ok to let it sit for a while before you vacuum it up. The fleas breathe in the powder and it suffocates them!
For more ideas, tips and suggestions visit fleabusters.com!